Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm Not That Woman!

A few months ago I was riding in the car just thinking about how much I have changed since starting this love lifestyle journey, years ago. My life has really changed and so have I. I am clearer about who I am and what I want and I truly love myself authentically. For those of you who know my story, you also know this journey began in 1994 when my friend asked me the question that would change my life forever. She asked me, “What do you want?”

It was at that moment, I realized I couldn’t answer the question. I didn't know what I wanted because I had no clue of who I really was. Today, I know exactly who I am and what I want. And I was reminded of that during my recent car ride, that “I’m Not That Woman.”

I’m no longer the woman who my friend asked that question to in 1994. No, I am transformed into the creative, brilliant, magnificent divine woman that God created me to be. And more importantly, I love this woman.

When we become clear about who we really are and who we really have become, we also become clear about who we are not. I must warn you, however, that people will still try to treat you as if you were that former person. It’s because they refuse to accept the fact that she no longer exists. They refuse to accept the fact that she now lives life on her own terms not trying to please and get the approval of others any longer. There are times when my husband and children forget that I am no longer a slave to their every want and needs. They sometimes forget that I have given myself permission to put me first.

When this happens, I gently remind them with a loud shout “I’m Not That Woman!” I cannot tell you how good it feels to be “this woman.” So the next time someone tries to mistaken you for the “old you”, just gently remind them as I do with a loud shout, “I’m Not That Woman!” I can promise you it will feel fantastic!!

Book Angela now for “The I’m Not That Woman Tour” starting the Fall of 2010. Be on the lookout for soon to be released, CD single, “I’m Not That Woman” and The “I’m Not That Woman” product line.

No comments:

Post a Comment