Friday, December 18, 2009

Hope and Courage!

I woke up this morning prepared to finish my Christmas shopping today....until I looked outside and realized it was raining and cold. Now it is one thing to be cold...but does it have to be raining too? I thought NO, NO, NO! I don't want to get out in this weather. But then I thought to myself an affirmation that my mentor taught me to say "I will do today, what others wont, so I can live tomorrow like others can't."

So I will move forward and complete the things that are on my list for today inspite of the weather. It reminds of me hope and courage, which is what I want to share with you today.

Is there something in your life that you know you need to do, but you just don't want to go through the "whatever it takes" process needed to get the desired results? Sometimes I wish that I could just wiggle my nose like Samantha from the television series "Bewitched." If you know what I mean? But it takes courage to take action even when you don't want to. Courage means "of the heart" which is where we women know how to live from...our hearts.

I believe as we become courageous we can continue to hope. A french proverb states, "Hope is the dream of a soul awake." Hope fills life with meaning by creating attainable goals congruent with reality. Sometimes hope might need to be redefined. Maybe your marriage has ended in a divorce or you lost your job recently, hopes held by you as a couple or an employee will need to be evaluated as you define yourself as a single woman and perhaps an entreprenuer instead of an employee. Attainable hopes could mean deepening your relationship with God, reconciling the past with forgiveness, re-inventing your work skills and connecting with whatever brings you joy.

Hope and courage does not need to be difficult. They can be as simple as seeing the sunrise and welcoming a new day....even if it is cold and rainy outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment