Monday, December 14, 2009

What's In Your Hand?

In 1994, I found myself divorced with three children to support. My husband had left, taken all the money out of savings and checking. He even took the car that I drove. I had no money, no food and only a business that was not producing too much money.

At that moment, I looked at my 3 kids and I knew I had 3 reasons to make it. I was reminded of Moses when he offered God excuses for why he could not lead the children of Israel out of bondage. But God asked Moses one question that would change the course of his life forever. He asked “what’s in your hand?”

In other words, we can moan, groan and find many reasons why we cannot do something in our lives. We can complain about not having enough money, not being able to speak, write or get up in front of an audience or even start that new business in the middle of a recession. But what’s in your hand?

Sometimes we allow external circumstances to paralyze us with so much fear that we cannot see what is staring us right in the face. I answered that question at a time when I had no money, no husband and no transportation. Within sixty days, I had replaced my husband’s income through re-inventing my business. I traveled places I never dreamed of and I never once received public assistance of any kind.
Within 2 years I purchased a home, two cars and even took one year off to stay at home and spend time with God and developing myself personally and spiritually. I even sent two kids to college.

Over these years, I have realized dreams I never even thought possible. I’ve worked with people I’d seen on television or read in magazines, but more importantly, I have helped thousands of people all over the world transform their lives onto new levels. I don’t' say these things to brag or boast, because that is not the realm which I live. I say them to share that with God all things are possible.
Yet, recently I have been asking God about making my life count for something more. Not because of any ego or pride, but because I long to leave this planet better than I found it. I know there is more to do and more to be done.

What more can I do to make this world a better place? How can my life count for something? What am I willing to give my life for?
Again, God asked me that question, "What's in your hand." Moses used the rod that God had placed in his hand to make a huge difference in the lives of so many people and an impact on history.

We all have been given talents and abilities to use on this planet in a way that no one else can. We can all use what is in our hands to make the difference, to make our lives count for something!
I want to encourage you to look very closely to what you have in your possession right now and identify how can it be used in a bigger way to benefit humanity.

What's in your hand? Write it down, create your own blueprint for 2010 and take action now!

No comments:

Post a Comment